An MS Excel file is also known as a workbook and it consists of various different worksheets. The worksheets are composed of cells (an intersection of rows and columns). In the following tutorial you will learn how can create a new workbook.You can also learn about Inserting the Sounds in Presentations in MS PowerPoint 2007.
Now for creating a new workbook you are required to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to click on the MS Office button located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Now in the next step you need to select New.
- After this you will notice a new Workbook dialog box will be opened and in this dialog box Blank Workbook is highlighted by default.
- Now you need to click Create and a new workbook will appear.
- For inserting text you need to click on the cell for selecting it. All the rectangles which you see in the worksheets are known as cells. Whenever a cell is selected, its address will appear in Name Box.
- Now you need to enter the text which you wan tinto the cell through keyboard. As you will type in the text the text will appear in the cell and also in the formula bar.
Editing and Deleting Text:
For editing and deleting the text you can follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the cell.
- Now press Backspace button from the keyboard for deleting or for editing.
- Now for deleting the entire contents of the cell you need to press Delete key.
Saving Your Workbook:
In order to save the workbook in MS Excel 2007 you are required to follow these simple steps.
- Left click on the MS office button which is located at the top left corner.
- Now select Save or Save As for saving the workbook.