MS PowerPoint 2007 lets you add the sounds into your presentations in various different ways. Sounds can be added from your computer or from the clip organizer. PowerPoint will let you play the music in the background of your entire presentation or you can opt for adding sound to only one slide in the presentation. In this tutorial you will learn how to add sounds into your presentation. You can also learn about Inserting Movies in PowerPoint 2007.
Inserting a Sound File from Your Computer:
- 1st of all you need to select the slide where you want to add sound.
- Select the Insert tab.
- Now click the drop-down arrow on the Sound command in the Media Clips groups.
- Now choose Sound from File from the menu and you will see the Insert Sound dialog box will appear.
- Locate the sound file on your computer.
- Now you need to select the file.
- Now click OK and you will see a sound icon and a dialog box will appear.
- Select either Automatically or When Clicked. Automatically will start the sound to be played automatically the moment the slide appears in Slideshow view and on the other hand When Clicked will start the sound when you will click on it.
You will see many options on the Sound Tools Options tab and these options will determine how your sounds will be used in your presentations. The options include Preview, Slide Show Volume, Hide During Show and Loop Until Stopped.
Preview: Preview option will let you listen the sound that will play.
Slide Show Volume: This option will change the volume to low, medium, high or mute.
Hide During Show: This option will hide or display the sound icon during the slide show.
Loop Until Stopped: With this option the sound will be played until you stop it by clicking or advancing to the next slide.