Pictures can be easily inserted into your Word documents and then formatted in various different ways. In MS Word 2007 the picture tools makes it very easy to incorporate images into your documents and then modify these images in various different innovative ways. In this tutorial you will learn how to insert the pictures into your Word document. You can also learn about Working with Text Boxes in MS Word 2007.
Inserting Pictures in MS Word:
- 1st of all you need to place the insertion point where you need your image to appear.
- Now select the Insert tab.
- Now click on the Picture command in the Illustration group and The Insert Picture dialog box appears.
- Now select the image file on your computer.
- Now click Insert and it will appear into your documents.
Wrapping Text around an Image:
- 1st of all select the image.
- Now select the Picture Tools Format tab.
- Click the TextWrapping command located in the Arrange group.
- Now left click the menu option in order to select it.
- Move the image around to see how the text wraps for all the settings.
- Position button has got pre-defined text wrapping settings. The Position button is located towards the left side of Text Wrapping button.
- Now click on the Position button and you will notice that the text wrapping option will appear. Now hover over the option in order to see what it does.
Cropping an Image:
- For cropping the image you need to follow these steps.
- Select the image.
- Now select the Format tab.
- From Format tab click on the Crop command and the black cropping handles will appear.
- Now left-click and move the handle to crop an image.
- Click on the Crop command to deselect the crop tool.