Cortana has got some amamzing capabilities in Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Amongst many abilities one is to send as well as receive SMS text messages from Windows Phone or Android phone. With just few simple keystrokes, Cortana, your personal assistant will send SMS for you. You can also use your voice instead of keystrokes for sending SMS. You can also learn about Adding Hyperlink to your selected text in MS Word 2016. 1st of all you need to set it up and for sending the SMS from your Windows 10 you need to follow these simple steps.
Setting Up Windows 10:
- 1st of all you are required to click Settings in Cortana.
- Now you need to turn ON “Send notification between devices.”
Sending an SMS:
- 1st of all you need to click on Cortana
- Now you need to either say Text (Name) or type SMS(Name) in order to start sending the messages. (Remember you can send to people which are in your contact list in Windows 10.)
- Now dictate or type the message which you need to send.
- Say Send or click send in order to send your message.
- With these simple steps you can send SMS to anyone in your contact list very easily.
Set on Android:
- First of all you need to download Cortana for Android from Goolge Playstore in your phone.
- Now you will notice a hamburger menu at the top-right corner and you are required to tap it.
- After clicking on the hamburger menu you need to select Settings.
- Now you need to select Sync Notifications.
- In the Sync Notification menu you are required to turn ON Missed Call notifications, Incoming message notifications and All notifications sync.