Zipping of files means compressing them so that they they take less space of your hard drive. Zipped files with smaller size can be shared to your friends or transferred to your computer more quickly. Earlier you needed a dedicated program for zipping the files but in Windows 10 you can perform the zipping operation from the File Explorer and no 3rd party tools are needed.Zipping files needed you to open the File Explorer and then select the files which you need to compress and the use either Send To menu or the Ribbon menu according to your preferences.
Zipping Files Using The Send To Menu:
In order to zip the files by using the Sen To menu you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all oyu need to select the files or folders which you need to compress. If you need to select consecutive group of files and folders you need to select the 1st file and then press and hold the shift key and then select the last file. IN order to select non-consecutive files or folders you need to hold down the Ctrl key and then select the individual files or folders.
- Now right click on the file or folder and after that point to Send to and select Compressed folder.
- Now name the ZIP file and for that you need to enter the name which you want the zipped file to have or press Enter to accept the suggested filename.
Zipping Files with Ribbon Menu:
For zipping the files or folders using Ribbon Menu you need to follow these simple steps.
- 1st of all you need to select the files or folders like you have selected in the step 1 on Send To menu tutorial.
- Now navigate to the Share tab in the File Explorer.
- Click on the Zip button.