When you use a Microsoft account for logging into your computer Windows display the real name as well as email address on the login screen which at times can be a huge concern of privacy especially when you are using the laptop in public. Now in order to hide your name and password in the login screen there are two different ways and we will discuss both of them in this tutorial. You can also learn about Making Your Own Windows 10 Theme.
Editing the Computer Policy to Hide Your User Information:
- 1st of all search for Local Group Polict Editor in the Windows taskbar and then press Enter.
- Now you need to navigate to Computer Configuration>Windows Settings>Settings>Local Policies>Security Options.
- Now double click “Interactive logon:Display user information when the session is locked”. This will tell the Windows which information you have to show on the login screen when your laptop is locked.
- Now you need to select “Do not display user information.”
- Click on Apply and after that click on OK.
- Now in the next step you are required to double click “Interactive logon: Do not display last user name”. This will tell Windows whether or not t display your user information when you boot your system.
- Now change the setting to Disabled and then click on OK.
Editing Registry to Hide Your User Information:
- 1st of all search for regedit in the Windows taskbar and the press Enter.
- Now you need to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem.
- In the next step double click dontdisplaylastusername.
- In the next step change the value from 0 to 1 in Value data field and click OK.
- Now right click on an empty area in the right panel and then select New>DWORD Value.
- Now enter DontDisplayLockedUserID for the DWORD name.
- Now double click on DontDisplayLockedUSerID.
- Change the value from 0 to 3 in the Value data field and then click OK.
- Now when the next time you will log into your computer your personal information will be hidden.